We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about social media to join our team as a Social Media Manager. We are looking for someone who is creative, strategic and works well in a team.
There are a number of creative, analytical and managerial aspects to this role. Your responsibilities will revolve around organising and running marketing campaigns over social media platforms that promote and strengthen a brand’s marketing KPIs.
- A degree in communication, marketing, or social media
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager
- Basic graphic design and copy writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient English Speaker
- Demonstrable personal presence on various social media platforms
- Applicant must be based in Cape Town
The applicant will have the responsibility of:
- Developing new social media strategies and campaigns
- Managing a budget to be spent on paid social media ads
- Meeting with clients, pitching potential marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure branding is consistent
- Review analytics to assess success and recommend improvements for future content
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Scheduling and planning content
- Basic designing of social media posts
- Maintaining community communication
- Monitor and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely manner
Between R17 000 and R 24 000 per month depending on experience. Preferably starting on 15 November or 1 December 2023.
Application process: – NB Please do not WhatsApp us regarding this position. Simply follow the process below.
You will be given a few small projects to make sure you fit the profile and understand what we are looking for:
Create a 4 panel/image social media graphic carousel for a local skin care brand ( this can be a fictional brand ). Write a short paragraph explaining how you will evaluate the success of the content.
Email the above task along with your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the following subject line: Application: Social Media Manager
Selected applicants will be asked to find and caption 6 images and make 2 reels. One trending style reel and one storytelling reel.
*If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.